Our View

Read, write, enjoy. Join our conversation as we explore ways to communicate culture.

Saturday, May 26, 2007

Puerto Rico...Here I Come!!!


By: Kelley Davis

I decided to sign up for this trip to Puerto Rico for several reasons. I have always wanted to study abroad during my time at OU, but I never had the opportunity. A semester abroad was too much time for me to be away from family and friends. Spending two weeks in Puerto Rico will give me a taste of what studying abroad is all about without having to be away for a semester. I almost minored in Spanish, so I definitely have a strong interest in the Spanish language and culture and I look forward to brushing up on my Spanish speaking skills during my stay in Puerto Rico.
Since I am a lover of the arts, I can’t wait to explore different art museums and learn about Puerto Rican artists in the area. But most of all, the thing that I am most excited about is immersing myself in the culture there and getting the most out of this trip as possible. I would much rather learn about a subject through a hands on experience and that is exactly what caught my eye about his trip. The fact that we are out exploring Puerto Rico and learning instead of sitting in a classroom all day really excites me. Writing is one of my passions. I write in a journal almost everyday, and so these course titles interested me as well. I look forward to traveling and exploring Puerto Rico with this group. This will be an experience that I will never forget and I will learn so much through this whole journey.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

This sounds like the perfect opportunity for students who wish to study abroad, but just couldn't be away from home for months at a time. It will feel like you were there for only a few days when you come home, but will also be the most memorable trip of your life. Have so much fun and document everything!

Blog Archive