Our View

Read, write, enjoy. Join our conversation as we explore ways to communicate culture.

Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Sunday Funday Part Two


May 27, 2007

By: Kelley Davis

Waking up to our last full day in San Juan made me realize how fast our time here has gone by. It seems just like yesterday that we were all sitting in class for the first time together in Norman introducing ourselves. What an incredible experience San Juan has been for me. Old San Juan has definitely been the highlight of being in San Juan. With its old cobblestone, narrow roads, it reminds me of great classic movies. The city is so unique with it’s great dining and entertaining night life. After enjoying a relaxing and long lunch with KJW, Kelly Ann, Chelsea and Angie, Kelly Ann and I ventured off to contribute yet again to the San Juan economy. Sunday proved to be the most successful shopping day yet. My favorite stores to walk into are the stores with merchandise from India. I love the sound and the smells when I walk inside. The incense is burning and Indian guitars and high-pitched voices are heard throughout the store. I finally found presents for my fiancĂ© and for my dad. Kelly Ann and I were extremely excited about our sarong purchases that we had been carefully watching for the perfect one in Old San Juan. We took the city bus to and from shopping, which was an experience in itself. I now know why so many people take the bus. Cabs are expensive and the bus is cheap. Duh? That night we went to eat at a wonderful restaurant, Amadeus. It had some of the best seafood ever! After dinner, I went with Kelly Ann and Lauren and sat outside on a lively patio at a hotel overlooking a wedding reception. We soaked in the fun going on downstairs. All of the sudden we heard what we thought was a marching band coming through the hotel. We look down and see about six drummers marching through the reception. I had never seen this before and I thought what a great idea that is to liven up a party! By the time we got home, I was so tired I fell right to sleep as my head hit the pillow. I was not looking forward to waking up at the crack of dawn Monday morning, but I am looking forward to Vieques, our last stop on this incredible journey

No comments:

Blog Archive